View Single Post
Old 11-22-08, 09:20 PM   #5
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts
688(I) Hunter Killer (from the laptop in the Captain Cabin's, right? I gave that game away a long time ago and kick myself for doing so!)
Man, you really earned this one!

From the seminal nuke subsim of our time: Jane's 688(I) Hunter/Killer

From the review:

Quote:
If you've read any of my other reviews, you probably noticed that I often disclose my impressions at the outset of the article. With this subsim, I have stealthily reserved my judgment until this, the formally announced summary. And that judgment is a thumbs up. Way up. Strap-it-on-a-Tomahawk,-plot-five-waypoints, and send it waaay up! 688(I) Hunter/Killer is a triumph, a legend in the making, a masterpiece of simulation, a powerful blend of realism and gameplay with enough visual concessions to keep it stimulating. There are so many aspects and features in this sim that this review barely skims the surface. If you want to immerse yourself in a billion-dollar, state-of-the-art nuclear attack submarine, and experience the tension, drama, and exhilaration of relentless world-in-the-balance naval warfare; this subsim is your ticket.

Of course, you don't have to kick yourself, you can replace it very cheaply by clicking on the NAVAL COMBAT PACK banner in the top right of this forum, and you'll have 688, Fleet Command, and Sub Command, all patched, upgraded, and Vista compatible.

Ok, be on the lookout for Mystery Subsim #53, due any day now.

Neal