Old 01-15-21, 04:08 PM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Mulit MODS folders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotharbucheim View Post
Guys, thank you so much for all your advice and efforts ... it really is greatly appreciated!.
Tomorrow, I will do a clean install and follow what you guys have told me and shown me on the pics you posted.

Before I do though: one thing is still confusing me...why did I end up with several MODS folders within another MOD folder? Is it because I downloaded JSGME, when there is actually a copy included in the FOTRS mod files?
So, to clarify..in my FOTRS folder there is a folder called MODS...and within that is another folder..also called MODS

I hope that question made sense, as I am not very computer literate...not very literate at all actually
Ahoy, lotharbucheim...

No problem...

As for that, am drawing a blank, as to how you ended up with multiple mod folders, inside of the MODS folder.

With intially running JSGME for the 1st time, it then creates(or has you to do it, that is)... a MODS folder. Any time of running it (JSGME) opens it up so that you can then decide what mods in the MODS folder gets put in there, & in what order to activate those mods.

After you create the 'MODS' folder, on opening that folder up, the only thing that should be in there is 3 things, listed below:

Name Type
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
!BACKUP
!INSTLOGS
JSGME Configuration settings

That's it, that I recall of.

After that, it is just a matter of unzipping the mods that you want to add in, ensuring you follow the instructions included with those mods, before placing them into the MODS folder.

Soooo... again, just how you ended up with multiples of MODS folder, inside the main MODS folder... no idea.

Hopefully this info helps...

Keep us updated as to how it goes for you.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-16-21 at 12:58 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote