View Single Post
Old 01-15-21, 04:03 AM   #5
lotharbucheim
Seaman

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0
Default FOTRS won’t run..please help

Hi Mad Mardigan, and thank you so much for talking the time too help.

To answer your questions:

1). 1st things 1st... of utmost importance... you did NOT install SH4 itself, in either:

C:\Program files

or C:\Program files (x86)

No, I was very careful not to do that :

Currently I have this set up ( and I think the folder structure might be the problem..more of that later)...

D:\Games/Silent Hunter IV

Inside that I have two folders:
(i).SH4FOTRS (inside which is all the JSGME and MODS folders etc)

(ii). Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition (in which is all the usual stuff including the SH4.exe

3). Next up... did you run SH4 before doing anything else to add in, as doing so, will set it up, including the directx... which you should NOT have to add that in, if I am remembering that correctly... which I am fairly confident that I am..

When going into properties, for the SH4.exe, did you also ensure that on the 1st page of 'properties', that in the 'atttributes' section in the General tab, that the box there tagged as 'Read Only' was unchecked...???

If this is NOT unchecked... then the files & such for the mod, will not overwrite what they need to & end result... the mod FotRSU... is NOT going to take & will only open up the standard 'stock' vanilla SH4....

Yes, I did do all that as suggested.

I must point out that I downloaded the original SH4 Grey wolves of the Pacific (V1.5) from the Ubisoft website. Could the problems be something to do with that? The stock game seems to play ok...and I have then deleted the C;\SH4 folder, as per instructions.

My feeling is that I am doing something wrong with the structure of the folders. The reason I say this is that there are multiple MODS folders within the structure and yet I don’t create them deliberately.

If someone is operating SH4 Wolves of the Pacific with the latest version of FOTRS and they are willing to put up some pics of the folder structures that they have, I would really appreciate it.

I am so impatient to get playing this wonderful mod !

Thanks guys!

is it something to do with loading the game off the website?..offline?
lotharbucheim is offline   Reply With Quote