View Single Post
Old 02-25-14, 08:26 AM   #52
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589 View Post
Cheers for the reply Geoff, that is some useful information. I found out it is a BAD idea to forget to close the ventilation system before diving, I ended up with severe rising damp!

Would you be interested in writing, or having someone else write (if given the bare bones details), a more comprehensive manual, as there is a lot of stuff i'm not sure about, such as the effects of altering the reactor pump speeds combined with altering the control rod levels to adjust the power output, or how to pump flood water out of your sub?
There is a small game guide included in the zip file, called guide.txt. It has a description of most of the subsystems on the submarine and has rough guidelines and advice on how to use them best. It's very outdated now though, it was written for about version 0.09 and definitely needs an overhaul. I'll rewrite it soon as a proper pdf manual with diagrams and screenshots I think.

And yes, bilge pumps (or some way to reduce flooding) are badly needed! I'll be adding them soon, definitely in one of the next two updates.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote