Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10
Default [REL] A Fistful of Emblems

A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
--------------------------------------------
Tested with patch 1.2.0

Description
-----------
This mod add 115 emblems to SH5, all selectable in the "upgrade your boat" menu while in the U-boat pen.

I have selected only emblems that have appeared on type VII boats. I have also picked only the most famous emblems and/or emblems that I personally like. Some emblems that were only available in black and white were left as is and some have been colorized.

This version includes the Crew and Flotilla emblems and 21 custom emblems by Gunfighter and an optional mod to install a weathered version of some select emblems.

The emblems that shipped with the game are still available. You can also use your own emblem by copying your DDS texture file to \Data\Textures\TNormal\tex\custom.dds and selecting the last entry in the emblem list.

Changelog
---------
v1.51:

-Fixed problem when adding second AA gun to Wintergarden. Huge thanks to TheBeast for finding the cause of this bug. Thanks also to Cdr84 and everyone else who investigated.
-Added updated emblem for U-995 from Ragtag.
-Added Weathered versions of 16 emblems from Gunfighter
-Added Weathered versions of emblems for 13th Flotilla, U-96 Green, U-552, and U-672 from Bramtyr
-Started change log :-)

Install
-------
Install with JSGME. If conflicts are found with UPC files, do not override or you will mess up whichever mod you have that is conflicting. Report it in the thread and I may update this mod to be compatible.

If you wish to use a weathered version of an emblem that is available, install the optional mod "A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)" with JSGME after installing the main mod, and overwrite files when prompted. Note that only a few of the emblems have a weathered version so far. See the last screenshot for a list of the available weathered emblems.

Questions or comments in the Subsim thread please. Proof readers and grammar Nazis are welcome since I'm sure I made quite a few mistakes.

Known issues
------------
As with previous SH versions, the emblems are reversed on one side of the conning tower, so any text and/or numbers will be mirrored.

Also the single emblem used on the VIIA's is flipped when compared with the one in the menu. So when needed I have pre-flipped (yes new word) the emblem so that it can show up correctly on the VIIA. This means that it will look mirrored in the menu.

If anyone has a better solution to these old problems let me know.

Beware, if you have downloaded extra playable skins from Ubisoft they will no longer be selectable after installing this mod. Compatibility may be added in future versions.

Future versions
---------------
The mod will be forked and give you the option of having only historical emblems or historical + custom emblems.

Credits
-------
-u-boat.net for most of the emblems and information
-Evil Jester 76 for a few of the emblems
-Akula4745 for a few of the emblems
-Gunfighter for the 21 custom emblems
-Ragtag for the improved U-995 emblem
-Gunfighter for the weathered version of 16 of his custom emblems.
-Bramtyr for the aged and weathered version of U-96 Green, U-552, U-672 and 13th Flotilla emblems.

Note to Modders
-----------------
You are free to include this in any other mods as you please.

I have commented Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\equipment.upc and Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\UpgradePacks.upc to show where my changes begin and end.

Download
---------
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4797

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 10-30-15 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Download link updated
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote