View Single Post
Old 12-07-16, 08:54 PM   #1
yetanotherlancer
Nub

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default New to Subsim, Silent Hunter 4 question

Hello all, this is my first post! I've browsed these forums for quite sometime now and have been sub(simming) since Silent Service and Aces of the Deep came out. I haven't played Silent Hunter 2 or 3 (I'll probably get tarred and feathered). Currently my addiction now is Silent Hunter 4 - Wolves of the Pacific U Boat missions playing mainly the American Campaign. I'm really impressed with all the support and mods from the dedicated team members here.

I've just downloaded and figured out how to install/activate the TMO version 2.5 mod and it's pretty cool! I'm debating starting a totally realistic game with no map contact update with manual TDC. I've practiced manual TDC before, however it's easy to obtain the speed and angle of bow measurements with map contacts "on" with the provided map tools. Has anyone figured out how to acquire the speed and also the AOB with no map contact update? I imagine it's somewhat estimated due to the measurement of time and how far the ship travels, yet it seems that it will be challenging without the ship on the map to observe.

Thanks again in advance for the response and also the support/entertainment the past year or so.

Last edited by yetanotherlancer; 12-08-16 at 12:03 AM.
yetanotherlancer is offline   Reply With Quote