View Single Post
Old 11-25-19, 03:02 PM   #89
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default 30 FPS with 144 Hz Monitor

This only affects 1X play.
So, I used my Nvidia Control Panel to reset my monitor's refresh rate to 120 Hz (native 144 Hz). I then set my in game Vertical Sync to ON and in game graphics card to match 120 Hz. I then set my Nvidia Profile Inspector Profile for SH4 Vertical Sync to 1/4 Refresh Rate and I have 30 fps in game.
I am running some tests to see if there is any real differences between the 36.5 fps rate at 144 Hz @ 1/4 refresh rate; the Frame Rate Limiter setting of 30.5 fps (which does not require resetting the Nvidia Control Panel refresh rate at all, I can leave it at 144 Hz,); and my current set up which gives me a monitor refresh rate of 120 Hz divided by 4 which results in the 30 fps.

For information on my setup previous to this post see post #87 above. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...2&postcount=87

AGAIN! This only affects 1X play. So, if you are using Time Compression to make your patrol transits, then my experiments do not affect game play significantly at all. As I have previously explained, I like to play at 1X so that I can listen to Fred's Radio stations and read WW2 newspapers and Magazines as I proceed to my Patrol Area while maintaining decent celestial sphere accuracy over days at a time at 1x play.

I also play the game "normally" from time to time using Time Compression.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote