View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 07:49 AM   #1781
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone. For those few who are still playing DW under RA mod, I have a little gift for you. Since the last patch, I noticed a lot inconsistency and discrepancy in the object database files. Just to name a few:
1. Some of the prominent SAM missiles such as SA-n-10 (this is a misnomer and I think they meant sa-n-20) and SA-n-21, which are essentially famous S300 and S400 cannot engage anti-ship missiles
2. SM2MR and SM2ER have two vast different effectiveness for 2 essentially same missiles (80% vs 50% respectively). This is the case for a lot of the American and Russian missiles.
3. Su-57 and F-22, two world's premier stealth fighters, have such high radar signal profiles that they can be detected and shot down by ship borne SAMs more than 40 nmi away.

On top of all these, a lot of American and Russian VLS capable ships cannot launch SAM missile vertically. (Don't tell me the vertical launches bug out things and that's why they are disabled. If that's the case, why some of the newly added ships can do the vertical launch? I believe some of the original ships such as Tico, Burke, Kirov and Slava are just being neglected when the mod team's attention was mainly focused on the newly added ships. Use my new database files, you will see VLS is NOT an issue.)

I did a comprehensive scrub of the database file and these new database files address many of these issues. I have shared my files on RA forum. I cannot attach zip files in this forum, but if you would like to try it please PM me.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote