onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Okay, following the advice here I'm now looking at this system:

Intel® Core™i5 Processor i5-750 (2.66GHz) 8MB Cache
2GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2
NO OPERATING SYSTEM (I will install my old *cough* OEM *cough* copy of XP PRO)
640GB WD 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 4850X2
600W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
FREE Operation FlashPoint D.R. Game (RRP: €49.99)

Please read this, from the website I'm ordering from:

Quote:
Q. I think I need a really powerful power supply, and I have seen a 600W or above model for around £20 - £30 in the shops. Why are your power supplies more expensive?

A. There are no rules that are set in stone governing how you can rate the wattage of a power supply, and naturally people think that more power is better. The rated wattage of power supplies we sell are the true, constant power output and not the peak output. (Peak output is that power that a power supply can output for a few seconds.) Not naming any brands, if you search the high street, you can purchase what apparently appear to be 600W or even 700W power supplies for around £20, but be warned - these are likely to be power supplies that have been rated on their peak output and not their constant output. Some power supplies do not even give their stated output at peak. For a 600W or above power supply with a true constant output using reliable components, you should be looking at paying anything from £50 upwards.

Our high end power supplies (even though they may only be 400W - 500W) are tried and tested to give your computer a constant supply of quality power. Component manufacturers, such as graphics card manufacturers often over label the power supply requirements of their cards to cover for PSU manufacturers who have labeled power supplies as peak output and not constant output.
£574 including VAT and delivery

Thoughts? £600 limit here.