View Single Post
Old 02-28-09, 01:27 PM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

So far, I have found the best price and shortest travel time using Expedia.

I have two plans for my trip to Copenhagen, both involve visiting U-995 in Laboe, Germany on WEDS Sept 16. I already know that Chad and I will be synching up as travel buddies, so if you are departing the US, you can post here with your ideas and if they match, we can group up.

PLAN A - To Copenhagen, then to Laboe and back to Copenhagen
I will be taking United from Houston to Washington DC on Mon 14-Sep. I can meet you in the DC airport and then catch the United 9404 departing Mon 14-Sep at 5:15 pm Washington DC out to Copenhagen, arriving Tues Sept 15 at 7:15 AM. A full day of rest and looking around Copenhagen on the 15th. Then on the morning of Weds the 16th, taking a train/car to Laboe, meeting up with German members and other Euros driving in, and then heading back to Copenhagen on the evening of Weds the 16th.

PLAN B - To Hamburg, then to Laboe, and on to Copenhagen. Then back to Hamburg after the meeting.
This plan involves either taking a train or renting a car from Hamburg to Laboe, then on to Copenhagen, or meeting up with a German or European member who is coming to meet us at Laboe and then attend the meeting. We can work those details out. Using Expedia, we can meet in Newark Airport and catch Continental flight 74 depating TUES SEPT 15 at 5:30 PM to Hamburg, arriving in Hamburg at 7:30 AM WEDS. Then we meet our German friends, or we can simply take the train. I will prepare a trip schedule with the train in advance, in case anything goes wrong, we will not be stranded. I always make plans for that.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 03-07-09 at 11:51 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote