Old 07-23-20, 07:02 PM   #8
bigbear
Watch

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
Welcome Aboard!

SH3 - any of the major mods in the SH3 forum here will work, and they are free.

SH5 - TWoS is the mod, and it is free.

Well HW3, as I see Aces of the Deep mentioned by others, it does appear a bit too primitive for me.

As for SH5, I spent hours installing and re-installing SH5 and TWoS, but TWoS seems to have a bug in it where it messes up the tools display on the map. Additionally, when I added all the various mods in TWos JSGME, that caused the rudder pop-up to stop displaying when you click on the bearing toolbar dial in the lower left of the screen.

I really wanted to play SH5 because it appears that it has the best mods, but I may be wrong. I hate to give up on it already, but I am thinking that may be the best solution. Bummer. I expect that nobody is really able to make sense of all the mods in TWoS expansion pack and how they might be corrupting things.

So many people still seem to be playing SH3, however. Is there some advantage to that game or is it all buggy as well?

Of course, after being away from sub sims for a bunch of years, I was hoping there would be an even better sub game out, but things just don't look promising. Even the Wolfpack game seems a long way from completion based on reviews.
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote