Old 08-13-08, 09:24 PM   #37
Friction150
Gunner

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
Nope I just checked no one stepping on my toe.:rotfl:

Photo is a Type 7A. I think the aft torpedo launcher was on top thats why you see the bulge.

http://www.u-historia.com/uhistoria/...uboots/7/7.htm

here I don't read spanish. But I can figure it out hehehe.
I saw that bulge up top, but unfortunately, without an actual IA model, there isn't anything we can do about that. The bulge that I was referring to is the saddletanks, the fuel tanks on the side of the u-boat at the waterline. The U-33 did have these as it was a type 7, all type 7's had these. But from all the pictures I have found, the type IA did not.

So, do I take that interesting scheme from the "U-33" for the U-25, or stay realistic and take the semi-boring 2 tone approach. I'm working on this now, and I'm to the point where I have to make a choice. I'm leaning toward realistic 2 tone for it, but welcome opinions.

*Update*
After several more hours trying to get the lines on turmc_1 to line up correctly, I still haven't gotten it close to what I think would be acceptable... it irritates me that the ubisoft skin format messes up a really good skin. I'm going to try it with a type 7 later, but I'm giving this up for tonight. The pillows are calling my name.

Last edited by Friction150; 08-14-08 at 01:10 AM.
Friction150 is offline   Reply With Quote