View Single Post
Old 01-08-21, 12:57 PM   #14
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Sorry for late reply Alpheratz, but after watching some of your videos I have finally realized that you were well aware of the sun declination error I was talking about. It seems to me that your Sun almanac 1939-1945 have completely eliminated any need for my LAN corrections table, which is excellent, and I plan to remove it from the mod in the next update...

Now, I have few questions for you if that's not a big problem for you :

Your SH5 specialized tables and documents are completely applicable for our v2.2.22 TWoS even though v2.2.22 uses "smaller" sun semidiamete in the game? The only difference is in added value after the measurement is done (0.5 deg vs 1deg 08' in your Russian WoS version)? Is this correct?

Next, If you agree, I would like to add your PDF tables to TWoS Real nav documentation as well, together with some links to your YT channel.
Now, real nav doc folder from TWoS already contains some documentation and sun almanacs and I'm not really sure which of them could be removed and replaced with your docs? I'll upload them here and if you can please tell me which of them should I remove or move to some subfolder ect...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x1ctr...older.rar/file

And , once again , thank you very much for your work Alpheratz! Even though I'm a layman for most of these stuff It was quite clear to me for some time that we will need some kind of "SH5 only" specialized almanac which will address all the inconsistencies in SH5 world but I was quite skeptical that we'll ever find the person with necessary knowledge and patience to do this task. Luckily, we did.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote