Old 11-06-09, 04:42 AM   #53
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowHawk View Post
Hi Gentlemen!

This is my first visit to this forum, and send my greets to you all fellow simmers.

I've been into F4 (and F3 before it) for some time - years ago. I just reinstalled F4.0 to try it on my new rig, and just thought this game has by now bit the dust! How wrong was I, and very pleased to find out!

One thing, tho'. I am befuddled by the choices that I thought I'd never have to make again re 'dancing'. The last time I did the damce was in 2001/2002. I've been experimenting with OP, FF, AF and any possible combination in between! I just love Falcon 4.0 and thurst for any/all details & news of this great sim moving forward into the 21st century.

Now, for my question, and I'd appreciate your kind help in sorting me out. FF5 installs like a dream. Plays like a dream. It definitely has pluses over AF and I just got started last night on it. But, how can I get it to run when another OP install is there? I like both of them, you see

Having said that, OP has given me a lot of trouble . Only stayed stable after installing thus : F4.0 CD -> F4.108US -> F4SP4 -> F4SP4.2 -> BMS2 -> F4SP4.2 data patch -> OF 4.5 -> OP 5.7 patch.

Then the graphics apppear (white) in the virual cockpit, buildings and runways, afterburner flame, but the natural scenery looks fine .

What am I missing in this install? I've not added any other skins, patches or mods apart from above, but suspect I have missed something in the dance routine, may be?

Any suggestions, links and tips would be breately appreciated!

Happy flying...

System:

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.2 Ghz
RAM 2GB Elixir DDR 400
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB DD3
500GB Seagate HDD sATA

Zonealarm Firewall
AVG Antivirus
Get OF support here
http://www.f4support.com/forums/index.php

And for FF
http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/index.php

I think you messed with the installation probably. I heard that ATI and OF don't go well together. Both plays best on XP.