View Single Post
Old 05-24-10, 11:28 PM   #22
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Latest Downloads

Zee, I successfully downloaded the whole package. I played Mission 4.Unfortunately I have to report very low fps(3.9 to 5.1) even lower than Kursk Mission 1 and choppy play.
The first time mission loaded but when I tried to start my Tiger it crashed with runtime error message.Second time I played it but had to steer my Tiger always to the right as it was pulling me to the left.Then just 200 metres from the action my Tiger stalled and was like stuck in quicksand with the caterpillar tracks halfway buried into the ground.No matter how hard I tried shifting forward, backward and side ways I couldn't move my tank.I had to content myself with watching the Panzer 4 on top of the hill firing and destroying Soviet units which I couldn't see .I finally self-destructed and ended the mission without firing a shot!
Tried again but mission crashed soon after starting with runtime error again.I played it again one last time after lowering resolution to 800 X 640 and some other features. FPS did pick up a bit but not much.I decided to run my tank using the F5 view.I finally managed to get to the battlefield and destroyed 1 Su and 2 T34S.My tank was hit repeatedly and both tracks were disabled thus unabel to complete mission. However most Soviet units were put out of action.My problems aside good, solid mission with an intense and exciting tank battle.Good battle immersion Zee. However I 'll have to wait for my new rig ( hopefully within 2 weeks) before I can play it again in normal conditions.Once again a small comment ; the in game maps are very unhelpful.Would it be possible to have instead the pre game maps with the objectives available when playing a mission?

Soviet night mission # 3 very pleasant. Seeing that beautiful full moon I felt so romantic that I drove my T34 and burnt a few Tigers and Panzer IVs to entertain my Belle so we could have a tank lit dinner .

Anyway job well done Zee tremendous work!

Zee I understand your point about new playable tank. However I would argue that the KV85 is as tough and nasty as a T34/85 althouh it's 85 mm gun( a ZIS 53???) is not as effective.What would be interesting in the medium or long term would be to have an option for the player to chose one of various playable models prior to starting a mission.Panzer Elite has that option and Steel Fury through its various mods or fairly simple mission editor also allows it.It would give everybody the chance to chose the tank/SP or armoured vehicle that they really enjoy playing and make the missions playable over and again.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote