Old 03-13-22, 01:41 AM   #73
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Built New PC for M1TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
I was wondering what is new in our topic in this New 2022 year? I hope we still M1TP2 tanking ahead! There are some new developments in M1TP2 terrain modding subject here: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...in#Post4588387

Everyone is invited to make M1TP2 better if possible!
I built a retro PC right after the New Year specifically for playing tank sims, especially M1TP2. It’s a Windows XP computer, 3 GHZ processor, intel board, 2 GB RAM, onboard Intel graphics (for now). I intend to eventually get the best graphics card I can find with XP drivers.

As is, I can play:

1. The 3 Armored Fist games (AF1, AF2 under DOXBox, AF3 under XP)
2. M1TP2 - v1.2, looks great under D3D mode. Sometimes the colors are off after using thermal sights but the game plays very well and never crashes.
3. Steel Beasts 1 - I only play the tank range from time to time.
4. iM1A2 - I only play the Instant Action scenario.
5. Mechwarrior4 - Not a tank sim but close - graphics are off the scale beautiful!
6. T-72 Balkans on Fire - looks good, low frame rate due to onboard graphics.

Games that won’t run until I install a better graphics card:

1. Battlefield 2
2. T34 vs Tiger
3. Steel Fury
4. Steel Armor: Blaze of War

All that being said - M1TP2 is the main game I play. Here’s what I’ve learned:

1. At the mission start, get everybody to the high ground.
2. Keep your forces together. LAVs and Hummer platoons and sections die without you.
3. Every mission is an attack mission. Wedge, full speed. Upon contact, use Battle drill to assault line formation.

4. While doctrinally incorrect, stopping the M1 and engaging g targets at maximum effective range with sabot rounds works. Sabot has a longer range. Just stop and snipe each BMP because if you’re moving, you’ll miss.

I’m still playing the heck out of all the campaigns.

M1TP2 is still awesome!
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote