View Single Post
Old 08-09-20, 03:27 PM   #1608
TitanicThomas
Swabbie

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Icon1 Things I noticed

So I was looking through the ship classes and noticed design errors or in one class a class being named after the wrong ship. If these errors in these ships have been addressed then I am sorry for missing the post that states this but my focus is over the Sendai (Naka) Class Light Cruiser and the Shiratsuyu Class Destroyer.

The Shiratsuyu issue has been noted in the old thread, the issue being over the AA emplacement that was put on late war. It is a way to separate 2 class of ships that look similar otherwise but it is weird to see a late war Shiratsuyu in 1941. Her mount before as far as I can find 1944 was a single barrel turret housing a 127 mm gun, the same size as all her other guns.

Another noticeable class that I found was the Naka class. The classification of the class is Sendai Class Light Cruiser and this error is in base game too, Naka was the last of the sister ships to be built and the youngest of the group. She was also the last to survive the war and could be the reason why in base game she is miss identified. But besides that the Model used is Sendai. All 3 of the Sendai class ships are different in some way, Sendai being very different from her youngest sister Naka.

Bow differences.png
Bridge.jpg
midship.jpg
(Sendai>Naka>Jintsuu)

The big differences among the 3 is the bow and the funnels. These images do have Sendai and Naka with their radar which they did not have at the start of the war but I kinda wanted to point out the differences with the 3. to add Naka and Jintsuu have 2x4 torpedo mounts.

If these have been noted before by the mod team I am rather sorry for bringing them up again. I like this mod and ships and details to me mean a lot and pointing out something that annoyed me in base game that could be fixed here is always a good thing to note. Other than that I think this is an excellent mod.
(Also sorry for an grammatical errors in this. I am not the best with formatting a well written post)

Last edited by TitanicThomas; 08-09-20 at 04:26 PM.
TitanicThomas is offline   Reply With Quote