View Single Post
Old 11-04-15, 02:02 PM   #255
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

By the way, it seems that the media is very fond of poo-pooing the LG G4 cell phone. But if you like cameras, its camera outperforms my Kodak DX 6490 in all points. Yes, the cell phone has a lot more megapixels, but megapixels is almost irrelevant to camera quality.

With full manual settings, my LG G4 has even more adjustment than my stand-alone camera. It has no optical zoom but with 16 megapixels vs 4, I can zoom a long way digitally without giving up resolution.

Where it comes in impressively is the full manual settings on the camera, white balance, manual focus (!!!), a plus or minus brightness control, adjustable ISO, selectable shutter speed between 1/6000 and 30 seconds (you read that right. Read it again). You have burst mode, on screen level indicator, touch to focus (if you want), image stabilization.....I'm leaving stuff out, I know it. The iPhone WISHES its camera were in the same century as this one. The newest Samsung cameras are equal or better on automatic settings only. But if you're a camera afficianato, this one is light years better. Actually, in this case it's 2 million light years better to M-31, a bit more than that to M-33.

Let's put it this way: probably the first cell phone photo in history of two galaxies, M-31 (Andromeda Galaxy) and M-33 (Pinwheel Galaxy). I took this photo on a night where M-31 was not a naked eye object.

Here is a GIF showing all six individual shots and you can see the clouds wafting through the view as I took the photos. This camera can do much better than the above!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-04-15 at 03:09 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote