View Single Post
Old 04-07-21, 10:00 AM   #1
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0
Default Problems with manual targeting

I'm now fairly competent targeting a single merchant and can even do sonar only attacks with some skill. But really only on a single ship. With a convoy situation, the system starts to break down and just becomes a case of task overload.

I'm looking for some targeting mods for SH4. Something that would give the flexibility of manual targeting, but some of the automatic features of the auto targeting without some of the magical instant accuracy. The way that the manual targeting works with the TBT right now is a bit clunky. You can input range and bearing information from the sonar station (but not radar) directly into the TDC, but not the TBT. That means you have to use either direct input of range into the TBT (if it's close enough), or the stadimeter, if you want the TBT to calculate speed and course.

As it is... I almost think auto targeting is the way to go for sheer gameplay and you don't really lose too much in terms of realism. With auto targeting, you still have to have a good firing solution, and ideally you have around a 90 degree track to the target.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote