View Single Post
Old 05-21-20, 04:11 PM   #8
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Sigma View Post
You can choose to leave in or out scenarios, and create a separate MODS folder to layover after enabling RA. That has worked for me. I do this for fan missions too.

Missions don't generally work between mods, though. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of using JSGME, but it seems like more of a pain with something like RA than just using a separate install given that you're basically doing that anyway with JSGME and RA. Also, enabling RA through JSGME takes a not insignificant amount of time to move the files around whereas renaming Dangerous Waters folders is instantaneous.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this isn't like other games where mods can be turned on or off at whim, Lwami and RA both change the game files such that they're not compatible with each other or stock. I think it's just more of a headache to do it with JSGME than separate install folders. If people aren't aware of these things you have to keep track of with JSGME (like past me), it can be quite easy to wipe out your entire scenario folder by turning RA on and off, etc.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote