Old 01-03-21, 03:10 AM   #71
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtype Zero View Post
Thanks all for the help and advice!

I think I saw that somewhere either in the NYGM thread or in the documentation.

I bet the problem is that both the Night Vision Fix and the BWF replaces the entire EnvSim.act file instead of just individual variables within the file. Someone with more sophisticated hex editing skills than me could probably combine the two files into one that would work.

Looks like I will at some point test both Fifi's and John's approach and see which I like best, but before that, I have to do a lot more loading of other mods and testing to make sure I have a stable setup. So far so good!
The only two (that I know of) envsim files that will work with the NVF are H.sie's 2012 files included in his patch and Stiebler's envsim10 file version that is stated in it's read me to use with H.sie's patch.
To my understanding there is code in these files that enable the NVF to work per H.sie's method of having the NVF work (fog wall).
There is also an older envsim file in Stiebler's patch that probably is also coded for the NVF as it was made around the same time; I just have never tried it so don't know.
I've also not seen any documentation from either H.sie or Stiebler stating that using H.sie's BWF with Stiebler's file messes up the NVF but as I said earlier, there is no reason to select it anyway if using Stiebler's if for no other reason than a person would be using two weather fixes at the same time if so.
Here is a thread I dug up from long ago regarding the code of the files. Link is at post #6. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=247531

Last edited by John Pancoast; 01-03-21 at 03:53 AM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote