View Single Post
Old 07-06-21, 05:08 PM   #10
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
I must confess I am not a fan of Navigation currently in Uboat compared to the SH series.
I miss the plotting of courses, relative bearings to targets, the tools, calculating targets speeds and courses.
Despite the graphics and the crew management I am starting to wonder about whether I should just go back to SH5 WOS or maybe invest some time in SH4 Uboat missions.
I will give it a go for a bit longer as I am still enjoying it.
I also miss not being able to use Voice Attack to command my boat and the better radio stations and gramophone of the SH series.
In time.

I am able to calculate courses, relative bearings to target et using the map tools and calculate speeds etc manually justs as i was always able to in SHIII so im not sure if you are playing with the latest version or have the right settings etc.

try to remember, many of the features you find in SH3 and SH5 were not available in the full release version and were not added to the game until years later with mods.

perhaps you could tell me how you are doing it?

for me, i spot the target in the periscope, ID it, verify range with stadimeter, plot the course of the ship in the map screen using the ruler tool, then find AOB using the compass tool, the speed can be determined by the 3:15 method, or by passage of one ship length through the scope. once these are input into the TDC (spectacularly modeled by the way) its time to send them to the bottom.