View Single Post
Old 08-15-19, 12:17 AM   #5
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Icon14

I was debating if I should post this here or start a new thread, but I think we need to talk about RA 1.48.

RA 1.48 with its patch #3 is a blast. Single player mode is back and even the quick missions work well.

Are some platforms and weps overpowered? Probably. Is having to change your tactics to fight them a bad thing? I would argue for "no". RA, IMO, is an update for DW which adds modern capabilities based on info that is very hard to verify. Modern weps require more work and programming prior to launch, if that means you'll need to make a "check list" it only makes the game more realistic.

The one aspect of the game (again, this is IMO) where RA might not work is if you're into the old school Cold War scenarios (1950's to the 1980's). This part is tough to pull off using one data base that also features modern platforms and weps. It may be (and again, IMO) that a separate mod is needed. Maybe call it RA Old School or Old Waters?

In short, you'll still need to up your game which means that RA is probably the closest we'll get to Dangerous Waters II. So, hats off to Crazy Ivan for being able to cram 50 pounds of stuff into an old 5 pound bag and still make it work. RA 1.48 is the first version where it feels like the old hands will enjoy it while new folks will have a chance to learn how to play it.

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote