View Single Post
Old 03-20-19, 04:22 PM   #26
techsubdiver
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

One guy unpolitely mocks content makers for not delivering a perfect download or because it is from 688 (who the heck cares?) and who also does a neat job in scaring anyone away from the DW and RA mod threads and the other guy dramatically overreacts while screaming "lock this thread!" as if nuclear missile codes where released here.

And you know who suffers the most... The small dw community here. I really hope new and old who will see this here won´t start think twice and thrice before doing missions or mods for the best modern marine sim around. Everyone be sure that we´re happy for every addition you may provide and we do not require 100% perfection. Some of us however should re-learn to show some respect and at least show some appreciation for the free work of others no matter of the perceived quality, not just happily take and download without taking any second to say thanks. This way also the negative, detterent posts stand out and you can bet that these makers and many others learning from this role-model never will return to improve or make more.

Decades ago things were different in the naval modding scene, not so much "take!, take!, take!" folks around. I know this isn´t social studies class here but this culture sickens me and incidents like this here urged me to write it down somewhere in the infinite space of internet.
techsubdiver is offline   Reply With Quote