View Single Post
Old 03-16-23, 10:33 AM   #15
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Both of my Les Pauls are fairly light, with the Studio being really lightweight for a LP. People often talk about how heavy Les Pauls are, and they're heavier usually than Strats sure. But there is a big variance here. And too, balance is a big part of it. Anyone who has gigged with a SG knows what I mean I am sure.

I like the grave case. That's pretty cool. If it supports the guitar properly I'd go with that one. Oh I see you got the black one.

Here are my two Les Pauls. The one on the left is a desertburst Studio Plus. Surprisingly lightweight. My number one. The LP on the right is a Classic in honeyburst. Hot ceramics and noticably heavier than the Studio. Both are top-wrapped. Cases are obviously the stock Gibson USA hardshells.

Wow and wow. Those are great Les Paul Guitars. I don't see a mark on them.

Al Pitrelli, Joel Hoekstra and Chris Caffery of Trans-Siberean Orchestra all play Les Paul's and Gibson Guitars in their shows. Alex Skolnick has also played with Trans-Siberean Orchestra and has played his ESP LTD Signature AS-1 which are essentially Les Paul copies. Others like Slash, and Peter Frampton have shown there is still a lot of life left in the Les Paul's.
Then again, these guys are so good, they could string up a cereal box with rubber bands and make them sound good. A Guitar teacher of mine used Les Paul's, exclusively as well. His Les Paul was called a Silver-back but was greenish in color.

The Les Paul tune o Matic Bridge / Tremolo doesn't look particularly sophisticated as compared to the Fender and Floyd Rose Tremolo and yet plays buttery smooth. As you said, there seems to a large variance in weights with regards to the Les Paul. I have a light Ash bodied Stratocaster that weighs like 5 lbs.

The Tombstone case as you said is cool but it wasn't something I wanted. The Interior is identical to the plain black case I ended up purchasing. Congratulations on owning such exemplary examples of the fabled Les Paul Guitars. By the way, do your guitars have the factory PAF Humbuckers or the slightly hotter versions of them or something else ?

I want them.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 03-16-23 at 10:41 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote