Old 02-26-15, 04:24 PM   #48
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You know i have failed and failed at completing my indie projects as well

Its not exactly the video you want to see yet (the video on importing a mesh, making a nice material, then creating a component to spin it on a mouse or key press will only be 5-10 minutes long) but for my Blender channel I made a 40 minute long video comparing Unity 4.6.2f1 to Unreal Engine 4.7. I go over all the basic functionality (asset importing, organization, hierarchy and inspector window and components and a few others) we are used to in Unity and where to find it or what its called in Unreal to show people how incredibly similar they are and where Unreal exceeds or doesnt exceed (only one thing I found so far: unreal imports assets slightly slower).

The first 25 minutes is the comparison. The last 15 minutes I import and material two meshes in Unity and then I do the exact same thing in UE4 for the first time ever.

If you have 45 minutes to blow throw it up on your TV otherwise I'll create that video tommorrow or saturday now that I know the basics of UE4 I can move onto blueprint coding.

I used to argue with everyone that said Unreal was better on my Blender channel, now im re-replying with apologies LOL.

The fact Blender exported the mesh just fine made my only worry go away.

This weekend I re-start the project in Unreal Engine and update the Git-Hub.
Going to layout all the decks, bulkheads, and hatches and then import it into Unreal to start filling out with equipment etc. Then start some basic game logic and then start working on the ocean. Then start work on a map system (which is where I struggled before) and so on and so forth.

Procedural ocean floors is another feature thats going to be implemented, was directed to some ways to do it easily.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-26-15 at 04:41 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote