View Single Post
Old 05-09-10, 11:56 PM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Very Good Idea!

Hey Sledge that's a great idea. I'll be happy to contribute with pics of my own. Mostly of my user-made missions( don't worry they're on the way to you) with battlefields littered with burning and smoking wrecks and pockmarked with shell craters but also of stock SF missions.I could also relate some of my more memorable SF missions.

One thing I like about SF are the landscapes, pretty lakes and rivers, thicket of trees, woody hills, shrubs, small log cabin villages and wooden bridges it's so bucolic!.The landscape is more reminiscent of a painting by a French impressionist than a tank/infantry battlefield.

I have been playing that game for 2 years now and never lost interest in it.It's got cool features like even after you're dead the action goes on and you can follow each individual tank or gun and move accross the battlefield to see what's going on and whether your side will be victorious or defeated.The impact stats and arrows too are really fun.You can tell where you were shot and the type of impact and the distance and likewise with those you destroyed.Making own missions is an added bonus and with all the modding going on that game will not pass away.Like Panzer Elite I suspect it has become a classic and will probably endure well into the future.

I really like what ZeeWolf is doing with TvsT and bringing that game to new standards and heights and making it a World class sim but I'll never lose that soft spot I have for SF.

Anyway very nice project and I 'll be happy to contribute to it with my own pics and stories.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote