View Single Post
Old 06-02-20, 08:06 AM   #1780
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURUK View Post
Thank you very much for helping. However, my first try with installing NYGM was without Stiebler's addon (as it is optional), and I initially had the issue with ship icons being shown on the map then. Then, hoping that it may solve it, I activated Stiebler's addon on my second trial of installing, by following the provided instructions (first patched sh3.exe with h.sie's patch-kit, and then applied Stiebler's add-on on top of it). That also did not fix it, but loving all the options it brings regardless (I think I installed it right even only the mod named "Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1" is seen in the JGME, are you positive that there should be also a folder seen and activated through JGME for H.sie's patch?).

By the way, removing Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1 somehow brought back the CO's messages concerning oxygen (I exchanged it with Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6).

Today I encountered a liner ship, a large cargo, a DD and a Light Cruiser in the Mediterranean. While there were only circles as supposed to be for DD, Cruiser and the liner, the large cargo had the red ship icon at maximum zoom level. And when the game gives me God's Eye, I can't stop but looking through it

There is a number of things to do to correct the issues you're having, but none of them are difficult.
Re H.sie's patch, yes there is a folder in it called "Supplemental folder for...." (I'm away from my SH3 pc right now) It contains various files to make his patches functions work including the wolfpack ones. After the necessary modding, it is installed *before* Stiebler's patch when using both. Unlike Stiebler's patch, one can use H.sie's patch by itself if desired but both together is even better. Read H.sie's documentation and post if you have questions/problems installing it.
To reduce the chance of overwriting other file problems, H.sie's and Stiebler's patches should be installed last or near to it. Remember this when using JSGME; if files are being overwrote, the last patches files installed will be the files that dictate what happens in the game.
While you have the NYGM install order per the NYGM page here, re-read the info. there again. I.e., while Stiebler's patch and the Envsim file are listed in the order you installed them, their place in that list does not pertain to an install order. I.e., their are Envsim files in both H.sie's and Stiebler's patches so if you want to use Envsim10, it must be installed *after* those two patches so it overwrites their Envsim files. (As per my above "Remember this when using JSGME....." comment). Also, the Sh3 Commander files are not meant to be installed via JSGME. Simply place them in the relevant Commander folders. You can easily make the needed directory structure/folders to make it able to install via JSGME, but for now just copy them into your Commander install.
The reason why installing Hitman Optics 3.6 made the message work is because the files in that mod are already configured to work with the options of H.sie's and Stiebler's patches. I.e., the various file edits mentioned for the menu.ini, commands.cfg, etc. files are already done in it.
I'd recommend reading the patches instructions, then looking in the relevant Optics 3.6 file to see what I mean.
I have never seen the ship icon problems you mention in NYGM and haven't done a search to see if anyone else has.
But let's get H.sie's, Stiebler's patches and the SH3 Commander files installed/working right first before addressing that.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 06-02-20 at 09:36 AM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote