Thread: MBDA Meteor
View Single Post
Old 08-16-14, 01:58 PM   #12
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

This is from a Swedish page translated via google translate.

"Meteor will introduce many new capabilities in air combat arena. It is the first missile with variable throttle. During homing adapted engine thrust so that the robot should be able to fend off the course changes the target does. When the robot calculates the target maneuvers are no longer at risk of giving the robot runs out of energy accelerates the robot to the top speed. The robot also has as one of the first bi-directional data link which among other things allows the excess aircraft target data is compared with the robot's own sensor picks up.

The most impressive meteor, however the robot's distance. Here comes the meteor that for a few years surpass all other missile systems in the world, although it is planned for more long-range systems in other countries."

The Operational range for this missile seems change depending on what page you visit.
The English Wiki has 320+ km
Swedish wiki has 100 lm +
Saab group(the creator of JAS39) has the same range 100 km +

It seems that no one really know the real operational distance for this missile. I guess the reason to this is very simple the people/company behind keep these information for them self.

So until now I think that 75 mn is OK. I guess you will change that when the real operational distance will be known ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote