View Single Post
Old 05-30-06, 06:53 PM   #103
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

I first joined SubSim in early (February-March) 2001. SubSim was still on the EZ Board system (I think I remember people telling me that it was relatively new at the time). I was looking for information regarding Janes 688(i), and stumbled across the Fix My 688(i) pettition. I rarely posted in those days, but I had read about the upcoming Silent Hunter 2, and saw that the Wolfpack League was starting up, and, as Neal knows, I became heavily involved in that project.

My nickname has always been Takeda Shingen (Tak for short). My earliest friends were primarily in the WPL circut, namely PirateGhost, Frank, Sharkstooth, RickCSniper, DeerhunterUK, zzsteven, King (have not seen him for ages) and later Nemesis and TimmyG00 (who was instrumental in kicking off Sub Command Headquarters).

As it became clear that SH2 was not the sim that we were hoping for, my attention was drawn back to the SubSim forums proper, where I have stayed since that time. Admittedly, I do enjoy conversing with many of the members, most especially Skybird, TteFaboB, Oberon, Steed, TLAM, and many others. It remains the only internet forum to which I belong.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote