View Single Post
Old 01-29-09, 05:26 PM   #8
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Bullethead, can you sticky this thread? I will be adding a few myself.
Wow, I did it! Had to poke around to figure out how, but it worked .

Anyway, as you say, there are all kinds of graphics options in the game. It comes with 4 presents, which I recommend folks start with. Preset0 is the default, which makes the water too dark and the ships too bright for my tastes.

Presets 1 and 2 look a lot more like the North Sea, at least as I recall it from visiting it. The only difference between them is that Preset2 has smaller bulletholes and scorch marks, which IMHO are more realistic.

The problem with Presets 1 and 2 is that at night, they make the ocean look like a swimming pool with the light on underwater. Thus, Preset3 is the same as Preset2, but with the water lighting turned down to make it look pretty black at night.

You can, of course, tweak a bunch of settings to suit your tastes. But I recomment starting with one of the presets because it's quite possible to tweak the sliders into a horrible configuration .

You can then save your settings under a name of your choice and load them as desired. These files are saved a .ADO files in the main \Jutland folder. Thus, you can share them with others, attach them to posts here, etc. They're very small files.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote