View Single Post
Old 07-27-12, 07:27 PM   #1
kristenburnout
Swabbie

Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] KB's Diesel Sound Mod

Hi! This started out because I wasn't happy with the way the diesels of my uboat did not sound very realistic, and they were also way too quiet for my taste. (there are two 1000 Hp engines 10 meters away from you in a hollow metal tube for goodness sake! ). So I made a little mod consisting of three sound files. I got the diesel sound from this video, which is of a working engine from a type XXIII.

Credits to Tauchretter for uploading them in such exellent quality.

It sounds better than I expected in SH3, and I am very pleased with the results. If any of you have used brett25's louder diesels, my sound is about the same volume as those. (if not louder.)

I Included a startup file too, which plays when the uboat breaks the surface, which fits with the recharging procedyre quite well. It's mixed with the original surfacing sound from GWX It is from here, by the same uploader:

I also included the exellent "hummy" electric motor sound, which I borrowed from Trigger Maru Overhauled 2.5 for SH4. Credit to whoever made them, ( Günter Hessler? ) as it it wasnt mentioned in the credits in the TMO manual.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycuu6wa36z...0Mod1.zip?dl=0

INSTALLATION:
Just unzip the file to your mods folder and enable it in JSGME.

KNOWN ISSUES: This is the only one I've found, and that is the fact that the startup sound can replay itself several times after surfacing. But it's not very noticable.

This is my first mod, so please come with critisism (albeit constructive) and I hope you enjoy my little sound mod.
EDIT: The file appeared to be removed, so I reuploaded it, with some modifications.

EDIT 2! 2015!: I have now reuploaded the file to dropbox, and I ditched the horrible gamefront site. It should be working now!

Last edited by kristenburnout; 06-25-15 at 02:33 PM.
kristenburnout is offline   Reply With Quote