Old 11-08-20, 08:11 PM   #11
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default Hi Moonlight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
To make sure there is nothing wrong with your windows 10 64 bit installation you can use the sfc /scannow method, it should only take a couple of minutes to do this.

To repair a Windows 10 installation using the SFC command tool, use these steps: Open Start. Search for Command Prompt, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Type the following command to repair system files and press Enter: sfc /scannow

If there are any errors it will repair them, sometimes you need to run it again and check that its done them all. That should rule out any problems with win10 and that just leaves SH4 for you to fix.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.572]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

All that you mention I have been doing every day. It finds faulty files and repairs them, but after the restart the computer starts crashing again. Let me clarify that I have Windows 7 64 bits, since I use somewhat old programs such as Microsoft Train Simulator, Flight Simulator 2004 etc. The time wheel of the processes begins to spin wildly and trembles, the sound distorts and finally when you click with the mouse on an icon or folder it does not open. Time to reinstall Windows, I hate that but there is no other alternative. Thanks for your tips.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

All that you mention I have been doing every day. It finds faulty files and repairs them, but after the restart the computer starts crashing again. Let me clarify that I have Windows 7 64 bits, since I use somewhat old programs such as Microsoft Train Simulator, Flight Simulator 2004 etc. The time wheel of the processes begins to spin wildly and trembles, the sound distorts and finally when you click with the mouse on an icon or folder it does not open. Time to reinstall Windows, I hate that but there is no other alternative. Thanks for your tips.
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote