View Single Post
Old 07-24-20, 05:05 PM   #58
mrb__
Nub

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solyom2 View Post
I made the #2 solution steps months ago. Now i continued my carreer. I finished 4 patrol without any crash. So it worked, I thought.

Now, when I loaded my last save game, it crashed. I was in the middle of the sea alone (it was heavy raining, but my sonar didn't find anything).
okay, i uncheck the GWX enhanced damage and enhacd torpedo damage mod. It still crash.
Okay, i check the SH3 Commander. In my captain's textbook, the next patrol Grid is "Null". I dont know, if it caused CTD, or its because the CTD.

Delete previous save games.

Okay, i load my previous save, CTD. Previous, CTD. The game has this nice ability, if I loada newer save, the later will be deleted.

Finally, i managed to load a much earlier save in this patrol, where I was next to two neutral cargo ship in the sea, on the surface.

So, I dont know what was that. First I thought there were ships neary in the saved game, but its not the cause.
Pretty annoying.

Any idea?
I’ll dig this one up for the record, maybe someone smarter or with a fresh approach figures out the solution.
It happens to me too, UNLESS I load up the first save of that particular sortie, but then all my patrol efforts are lost...

What I noticed on returning to the gameplay on the following day, is that the original save game (in base before mission) bears a later date and time stamp then the consecutive patrol entries
This order is not logical and you need to remember that the particular savegames are grouped under the main entry done by the game system before deploying out to the sea.

My guess is, the game engine compares both timestamps during the load up and gets stuck, you cannot be far away from your home base and at sea earlier in time then you were at the start of your mission.

One more thing, I’ve noticed too is I tend to go to sleep late at night and often after midnight, while the last savegame might have been done with the timestamp of the previous day, ie. before midnight. The game engine might be writing down that new date and time to the original entry (at home base before mission) messing up the whole structure.

Now, if only I could figure out how to change the “last modified/created” entry in Win10 for each file of the particular savegame...
mrb__ is offline   Reply With Quote