View Single Post
Old 06-13-19, 08:21 AM   #54
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Well, that read-only option would only apply to files in a folder. Not to the folder itself. (It says so on my machine)

Besides, in Windows 10 these days it does not prevent deletion or overwriting of files. NTFS security rules (security tab in file/folder properties) determine which users (or the applications started by the user) can do what to files and folders. That checkmark is a left over from the DOS filesystem years.

WARNING: Don't go screwing around with those security settings if you don't know how it works. Since many computer users are administrator by default (first computer user on the system) you can mess up badly. You might screw up your install further, or even be unable to remove the folder or files and reinstall the game back in that place.

Personally I think the solution must lie somewhere else. It was posted as one of many actions that somehow got the OP to get the game running his/her savegames. It was never figured out systematically if this was the sole cure or solution to the problem.