View Single Post
Old 07-05-20, 04:32 PM   #3
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinkPea View Post
I just got SH5 with the Wolves of Steel modpack, and decided to start a normal campaign from the beginning (coastal waters) with the Type VIIA submarine.

It's now nearing the end of November 1939, I've sunk 220k tons, 70k of which was from Scapa Flow (sunk a Renown BC and Royal Sovereign BB). I'm wondering when I will get the Type VIIB, do I need more tonnage or is it based on time?
In your case, you seem to be fine tonnage wise, but you need to complete missions and objectives to be offered the new boat. I started out with the type VIIB in August of 1939, some people are offered the new boat after they complete the "Northern Approchases" mission, or whatever that mission is called.

There is something called "Rating" that goes up after you have had a successful patrol. It goes down if you had a less then decent patrol. If it is not above lets say 21 then you will not be offered the new boat.

Welcome to Subsim as well!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote