View Single Post
Old 06-24-19, 01:32 PM   #12370
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCow View Post
I own SH5 on Steam and just patched it to v 1.2. Some other threads (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=225274) mentioned the TWOS mega mod as the best mod to start with if you did not want to deal with mod conflicts. I was wondering if that still was the case?

If so, do I need to install JSGME or another mod patcher? Does this mod work with the Steam version of SH5? Thanks!

You don't need to install anything else, you download the 'Full' package of TWoS and follow install instructions. Once installed, you can later install the 'Update' package which is smaller. There are no 'mod conflicts' because in TWoS you DON'T install any external mods.

Is it still the best? Yes!
There are other comparable megamods, The Sober megamod, and soon I will realease my Xenon's Modlist (that you install with few clicks in JSGME) with the purpose to have a trouble-free stock game with many features designed to have an easier gameplay compared to WoS.

But TWoS is still the top for realistic play and SH5 game stability, there is no doubt.
The advantage is also: You don't need to get a PHD for modding SH5, this great work has been done for you
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote