View Single Post
Old 10-03-09, 10:59 AM   #45
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

@bybyx

DX11, eh? The list of current DX10 games is rather short... and even those games usually only have one little extra thing (e.g. God Rays, or Cloud Shadows) that DX10 can do and DX9 can't. I'm not sure that DX11 support is a priority for me right now.

SH3+mods uses only 700Mb on your system!? On my old rig it will quite happily eat up all of the 2GB RAM and then some. Seeing all my RAM being used like that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. But SH3+mods is very much the exception to the rule, at least in the collection of games that I own. Generally, games that could be using 2GB (if they'd only been programmed to) will only use 1GB. As for Windows itself, if properly configured XP will use hardly anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybyx View Post
A 4850X2 is powerful but limited in some games because some of them are designed in a way that those 2 VPU-s won't be used.
Now you just spoiled my day. Can you give me more details on this? I thought crossfire was supposed to always work, not just on games that are designed for it but on all games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybyx View Post
PS.
£600 is not much for a gaming system.
If you'd like to send me some cash to help me buy a better one, I won't object.