View Single Post
Old 09-04-18, 03:57 PM   #62
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

A bit of a word of advice for Jim: Even the most well-surveilled and/or patrolled areas in Mexico should be treated with caution. Here in Los Angeles, not far from the Mexican border, there are often travel warnings given about bad conditions for tourist of all nations in Mexico. The low-lifes, and that does include some of the local Mexican LEOs, like to victimize tourists because the likelihood of their victims to actually carry through with prosecution in courts, if they are caught, is extremely small. When you are down there, best stay with any group you may be with or join and best stay within safe areas. I haven't been in Mexico since the 60's and, even then, I didn't want to go at all and I certainly don't have any wish to go now. The horror stories we get up here in LA from many of those who traveled to Mexico make it seem as if that whole country exists just to fleece or victimize tourists. I do wish you and yours the best of luck in Mexico, but do keep an open eye when down there...

<O>