View Single Post
Old 01-26-13, 03:41 PM   #16
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
No listing for OMv720_Patch1, there is a OMv720_Patch5 which I'm downloading now.
Hmmm. I don't have that one. Patch 5 should include everything that went before it.

Quote:
Here's the problem, instead of copying the German campaigns into the Campaign folder it installed in a separate CampaignGE folder. For whatever reason the game is not reading that folder. This is Windows XP Media Edition BTW, so it's not a Vista / Windows 7 UAC issue since there ain't no UAC in XP.
That's weird. Can you manually move the files into the correct folder? My computer is an eight-year-old single core Pentium running XP, and everything works fine.

Quote:
Just to clear up one possible source of confusion - I'm running the D2D version of Silent Hunter IV patched to 1.4, no TMO or RFB or RSRD mods. I haven't bought the 1.5 U-boat addon.
Does this Operation Monsun require the 1.5 U-boat addon or not?
It absolutely does. Without it the game doesn't even know what a u-boat is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
I installed exactly as explained here but loading screen doesn't change. Uninstalled the whole game and started from scratch but same result. Could it be that the downloaded files are corrupt? I downloaded them here on Subsim.com.
I downloaded it from there, and mine works fine.

Quote:
That's why I'm asking about the 1.5 uboat expansion pack, we're assuming that's not needed for this, maybe it is?
Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
My game is patched with the U-Boat Missions (1.5.0.0.0), I get the careers to start in 1939 but no OM loading screen. Something is missing here, anybody else out there playing OM? What should the loading screen look like?
I don't currently have it installed. I'll get back to you on that. Meanwhile, if you can play a u-boat career, go for it.