View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 07:21 PM   #8341
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper450 View Post
I apologize if this has been brought up before. I am on my first patrol out of pearl and was told to patrol two areas of the Marshalls. You can see if have to binocular icons but the patrol circles don't match up. This is the beginning of the war.

The second circle is to the right of the lower binocular icon. It's hard to see.
I see it finally, in-line with your submarine's set course... Somebody must have sneezed when they built that... don't touch anything around there unless you use alcohol wipes or hand sanitizer... - I'll check it out and move it back where it belongs... maybe the enemy was attempting to sabotage your mission, and you caught them in the middle of moving the markers in the field... but the "Star" with the binoculars is the place to be. For now, just draw your own circle the size of the mis-placed one, centered on that "star", of course...

Thanks for the report and pix!

Edit: OK, found the issue Sniper450 - I mis-dated the patrol circles that draw on the map. There is a hidden primary objective, and the circle is supposed to draw about the time the orders come across for that. Missed with that, and put the dating in the other circle... whoops - correction will be in the next version.

Also, found a reason some folks might get a CTD out of Pearl Dec 1941 - do NOT take the Sargo out... Fixed for the next release

If you take an SBoat out from Manila December 8, 1941, and you are assigned to do Puerto Galera and go back to Manila for fuel, you might not be able to complete all of the objectives the way that mission is currently built. Just go off and do whatever you want, and we'll have that one straightened out also in the next release.

Also, there are Australian and other Allied ships going through the Marshalls at very inappropriate times. I can see them being there in December 1941, caught with the situation, but there should be no Allied traffic attempting to go through the Mandates in the middle of 1942 or 1943... There are a LOT of changes to do for that, and I haven't even started...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-12-19 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Lots of stuff
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote