View Single Post
Old 01-19-21, 12:38 AM   #11
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

^Thanks a ton for your post, Threadfin!

I did eventually leave the zone after getting my Cobra Mk III, and the other ships I could get in the zone. Learning by doing, learning what each ship can hold in terms of modules. Right now I am getting the money to outfit an Asp Explorer for deep space exploring, and while doing that, unlocking 3 engineers that have contacted me. Money now mainly comes from learning basic exploration, scanning and mapping, using the ship instead of an SRV to get geological data, learning how to minimise fuel consumption, and getting a better understanding on how to scoop fuel safely. Still tons more to learn. At some point I will need to look at the auto repair system and how that works, where to find the necessary resources out there.

One thing though, my skills are sorely lacking is in combat against anything other than harmless and mostly harmess light fighters. I am aware of Flight Assist Off but that's a beast that needs tons of time and practice to get down. Not sure if my X-52 pro and rudder pedals will be enough for that in heavy combat. Looking to upgrade my controls later this year. Virpil looks tempting with both left and right hand sticks but the price of those is rather frightening. Anyway, I wouldn't mind a friendly combat sparring partner to teach me to get better at combat. It would have to be according to rules though, like score a hit on the shields and both pilots disengage and discuss what happened.

Trade is another aspect that requires some study: How to find lucurative trade routes using in-game tools mainly.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote