View Single Post
Old 04-18-21, 02:20 PM   #2337
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Very nice. Will you use other ships to fill the roles of the minor classes not featured ?

I lowered the gun accuracy of AI units as well in my upgrade for TMO, to avoid what you are talking about. I scripted a fictional battle in San Bernadino Strait where BB/CA/DD force detached from TF 38 arrive in time to catch Kurita's center force in the evening of 25 October as it is retreating into the strait, they cross the T and engage in a brief battle. I have it set so it is 50 percent chance whether the US force force spawns so it may or may not happen, keeps things interesting. When it did occur, was a pretty intense surface engagement, fun to watch. Even ran in on surface like a pt boat, made torpedo attacks , hits on Yamato. Had to dive when a DD spotted me. Watching Yamato and Iowa slug it is loud and interesting.

That is a great idea about the big guns having a mix, look forward to seeing how that works.
Sounds like fun! Not long after I got SH4 I reenacted several surface battles like the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal and the Battle of Tassafaronga. They were made even more fun by the AI torpedoes mod - can't remember who implemented it but it was a great idea.

Had a productive weekend! HMS "Queen Mary" is now about 90% done, including skin - she was another big obstacle to overcome. Now just a few changes to funnel & superstructure shape and we will have "Lion" & "Princess Royal", because they were near-identical triplets

It has been fun but rather somber to work on "Queen Mary" ... and to think about the 1,266 men who still rest in her today. Much respect to those on both sides who never returned and, in the words of German submariners, "Stayed at Sea".

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote