View Single Post
Old 08-11-20, 12:05 PM   #9
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Not sure if I should ask this here or in the General Sub& Naval Discussions board, but here goes.

I was wondering if anybody knows if back in WWII in the Pacific if a U.S. sub ended up firing off all it's torpedoes just 2 or 3 weeks into it's war patrol would they go to a flotilla and get a new load out of torpedoes? Or when they radioed in their situation would they be given a new mission before they returned to base like Life Saving duty or a photo reconnaissance mission or some other mission that did not necessarily require them to have torpedoes?

Just curious. In my current campaign I am up to early November 1942 and I just used all 24 of my torpedoes (15 duds, 6 missis, 3 detonations) sinking a destroyer and a light cruiser in The Slot over a period of 60 hours. I am not sure if I want to re arm at the Tulagi flotilla, or just head back to Midway and end the patrol. For the most part I like to play SH4 as real as possible and try to make as realistic decisions as possible, that the real sub captains would make. I like to play with as high immersion as possible

Just curious.
-StealthRabbit
try reading about the topic:

Silent Victory by Clay Blair Jr
Clear the Bridge by Dick O'Kane
History of United States Naval Operations in World War II by Morison
Volumes 4, 12, 13, 14
that should hold you until tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10