View Single Post
Old 10-02-09, 06:40 PM   #18
mbv
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Demo

Hi

Interesting game with good ship graphics. Is there a fix yet for the quality of the sea graphics with Nvidia 6 & 7 series cards ? I have 7900GT 512mb and it would be nice to be able to select "Good" sea graphics rather than "Simple".

Playing the demo through I noticed a potential problem. I had all my ships in a single group. I got a message that one of them was a runaway so I clicked on it to gain control of the ship. When I did this the runaway ship became the group leader (2 stars above it) but the stars above all the other ships in the group vanished and I could not control them. All of the other ships also seemed to run out of ammunition at exactly the same time as I clicked on the runaway and it assumed command. Is this a bug or just something I don't understand in the gameplay ??

Some other points.....

1. It would be good to have a manual and/or a tutorial mission even if the game is utimately fairly simple.

2. I like to play with minimal screen clutter and icons so it would be great to have the option to remove the control panel at the bottom of the screen for a clearer view and for better screenshots of the action. Also the option to remove the icons above the ships would be useful for the same reasons.

3. The union monitors seem to be able to shoot themselves. I have seen a turret rotate to fire on an enemy ship and regardless of whether the funnel or boat stays are in the way it pumps a round into itself and you see the hit as an explosion.
mbv is offline   Reply With Quote