View Single Post
Old 03-04-21, 11:49 AM   #12
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Any department or division can become a septic tank but I was really lucky.

My first LPO was a bit of a Richard, he got short-timer's syndrome when he still had 7 months to go. That was back when we were tied with the YN's for the boat's Most Lonely division at three but we had a cool RMC watching our backs. After that, I got to work for some first rate ET1s and ETCs. The kind of guys you just shut up and watch (and take notes). Both the ET1's were frocked for ETC and both wound up with the same love/hate relationship with their khakis (no more getting their hands in the gear).

I got out in '93 after a six year hitch. Actually, six years and one month (C.O.G.) because the Bremerton and SQDN 7 were trying to force the Navy into letting me stick around.
I kinda knew the jig was up when I scored pretty high on my ET1 exam and had spare bullets in my service jacket but still got a memo saying "passed, not advanced".
Did they give you the "what if you get out and get a job you don't like?" spiel to try to get you to re-up?

I got that speech and my "I have that job right now" response shut that conversation down quick.

My detailer was ,"you can go to A school and teach. Or Power School and teach. Or prototype and teach."

I said "when we pulled into Brisbane, there was an EM2 on the pier who said 'here's your shore power. If you have issues here's my number or this other number for ET2 xxx, who'll be on call later this week.' I want that job." No shore duty in Australia? No re-enlistment.

If you were on the Bremelo in 93, we were probably in the same squadron. I can't recall if she was in SUBRON 1 or 7 at the time.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 03-04-21 at 12:01 PM.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote