View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 08:50 AM   #26
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

I , for one, am becoming tired of being a non-consensual beta tester for video games, and especially paying them to beta test their games. If they want me to beta test a game, I will be more than happy to do so if

1. They provide me the game for free
2. They specifically tell me that I am to beta test it.

I have tested software and I kinda enjoy that sort of stuff.

But I am not happy paying full retail cost for a game that is advertised as being complete only to find out that it is not.

And I am not talking about $10.00 indie games. These games are in the $60.00 + range for a digital only copy!

It seems that the game designers are not even trying to put out a full version of their games at release. It seems that too many of them are releasing with the exception that it is incomplete and that it will need to be patched.

I stopped buying games when they first come out. I have plenty of complete video games to occupy my time.

I will patiently wait for other consumers to pay for the "honor" of beta testing games.

I have been burned too many times.

This "oh well, we will patch it later" attitude has to stop and the only power I have is the power of my wallet. I am but one person and I don't think any video game developer cares about me.

But if we, as a community, reward undesirable behavior, nothing will change.