View Single Post
Old 08-24-18, 09:56 PM   #22
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

You said you look, when buying a game, for features you like. Many of those features you may have read about, where not there. Why you defend this, is beyond me. You certainly contradict your own statements, in parts.

That's wrong, but how do you come to such a conclusion? For your information:

There was the catastrophical first release which I was fully aware of (and all the Reddit ****storm about it), I have been discussing this game on SpaceSimCentral long before it came out, making suggestions and warnings. Then, my review of the game (published on SpaceSimCentral and GOG) did give the game a good rating for its originality, but a clear minus for the lack of overall playing features in relation to its price, basically saying it was a release half of a tech-demo and half of a game, so I wasn't very gentle on it (just in case you think my judgment is biased).

After first release there was 'Foundation' update which added DLC worth buying features (enough for me, so I bought the game and didn't regret it), then 'Pathfinder' DLC worth buying features (the state in which I did my game reviews), then 'Atlas Rises' DLC worth buying features, and now 'Next' DLC worth buying features.
And these new features are all added for FREE. So this cuts things straight short for any hyper-negative critics.

For a player who is interested in space games, I will recommend this game because of its current state, and I will not bother him with some horrifying stories about the private life of the game's developer, his mental state, his ethical attitude or whatnot else. He ain't to be a saint, and I'm not here to make a better world, i'm here to LIVE in it.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 08-24-18 at 10:15 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote