View Single Post
Old 06-29-12, 04:29 PM   #27
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
well this is why im stressing the point of im really only going to be playing the SHunter series. im not considering my build based on the future of upgrading it later.

just to clarify my comments,

i wasnt refering to upgrading options for later since as we all know its rare anyone really does that other then maybe a video card or if you do find you want to upgrade later its often not very practicle to do it.

my comments were based on getting the most out of the system "as built" for the long term (hopefully 6-10 years)

sobers recommendations are good but i think you "could" make do with only 4 gigs of ram but 8 would be best if the cost isnt that bad and just getting one regular sata III hdd with high cache speed will serve you nicely and save you some money there if you arent planning to do newer games or extra fast loading isnt necessary

a little heads up - i havent been following computer tech very closely lately so maybe someone else can inform which board setup is better but there are some boards that MUST use a set of 3 ram chips and some MUST use 2 in pairs so i dont know what the advantage is or even if there is one depending on the design you choose but be aware the board you choose tells you if you need to buy ram in sets of 3 or in pairs

Last edited by Webster; 07-01-12 at 09:16 AM.