View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 01:37 PM   #54
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Politics rears its ugly head as the coffers drain

California didn't vote for the Gropinator-in-Chief: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/11/17/white-house-44-billion-disaster-aid-bill-offers-no-relief-for-wildfire-victims/
Quote:
In a joint statement, (Democrat) Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris called the bill “appalling.”
“It’s appalling the White House is choosing to ignore the victims of California’s wildfires,” the senators said. “The latest disaster supplemental request is a completely inadequate response to all of the recent natural disasters, but it’s particularly egregious that no money was included to help Californians rebuild.”
“To help with the recovery, there’s been a bipartisan effort between California’s congressional delegation and Governor Brown to secure $7.4 billion in federal funds for those devastated by the wildfires,” the statement continued. “Despite the Trump administration’s request, we’ll continue that effort to ensure enough funding is included for California in this aid package before it passes Congress.”
In all fairness though, the hurricane burden, especially in Puerto Rico, Texas, and Florida is at $100 billion dollars. The amount requested by CA's Gov Brown ( governor moonbeam in his own right?!) is $7.5 billion and separate FEMA aid has been authorized to California disaster victims. As a greatfull FEMA recipient in one past earthquake disaster myself: destroyed chimney and foundation to house etc, I imagine the Donald has to make some tough allotment decisions and is discovering there are no good deals!! https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2017/10/10/president-donald-j-trump-approves-major-disaster-declaration-california The world's 10th largest economy, California, and its 'wine country' will weather the firestorm...sodaspeke!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote